Thursday 16 May 2024

Money matters

I was back at work at 8am, facing just 70 emails today! I managed to work my way through them, and by 2pm, I had answered most of them, thank goodness!

I needed to go over to see my parents this afternoon as we'd received a letter about my Dad's pension, and they wouldn't talk to me without him being present. Sophie very kindly came with me, and we called his pension company. They naturally wanted to ask him some security questions, which was hard work, and in the end, both Sophie and I had to prompt him, which defeated the object. It was frustrating and sad that he found it so difficult as, in the past, he was really on top of his money matters. 

We stayed for a while and then sloshed home through the sodden countryside. We've had considerable rain today, and the roads were starting to flood.

Back home, Sophie and I relaxed while Keith prepared a delicious beef curry for dinner. It smelt so good while he was cooking it!

No comments: