Sunday 11 September 2022

Where are the hogs?

I was very annoyed this morning when I discovered the batteries I'd bought yesterday were AA and not AAA, so it meant we had to go out again and buy some more! We use the AAA batteries in the keyboard as well, and that was playing up, too! Grrr!

It worked out well, though, as Sophie had booked a yoga class at the gym, so we dropped her off and popped to the nearby Wilko where we bought batteries, a doormat (Monty had weed on the old one) and some more calciworms for the hedgehogs. I didn't see them last night and this morning there were some left on the plate. Keith had commented the other day that they didn't seem to like the rain so maybe they were staying undercover? I think we had some heavy downpours last night as the ground was saturated this morning.

We also popped into Boots and I bought some suncream! We haven't done that for a while! Before going back to pick up Sophie we had a coffee in Costa, which was packed with people enjoying brunch. 

Back home it was leftover cold meats and nibbles for lunch and then preparations for dinner (sometimes it seems endless), while Sophie hoovered again. Monty is being a little monkey at the moment and seems to be going out of his way to annoy us, constantly asking for our food even though he has plenty of biscuit and wet food available. The holiday may stop this cycle he has of wanting what we eat and turning his nose up at cat food. He has taken to standing on one of the bar stools now and trying to climb up onto the island if there's any diary about, like cheese, milk or butter. He is acting like he has an addiction! I think he's going to be in for a big shock while we're away, as it's the longest we've been on holiday since 2017!

Sophie and I applied gooey green face packs in the afternoon and lolled on the bed. We played Scrabble and she beat me, as usual. We all agreed that we weren't hungry after our lunch so we skipped dinner tonight, deciding to have it tomorrow instead!

We didn't see the hedgehogs again this evening, which was a bit disappointing. I think it's way too early for them to hibernate! Maybe they're fed up with the food I put down!


No comments: