Saturday 17 September 2022

A working Saturday.

Sophie gave me a lift into work today and carried on down to the gym. I was working with Tracie, and as usual, she warned me it would be busy, but after a flurry of calls between 9.30am and 10am it settled down. I was able to tackle some of the cancellation emails we had waiting for us, so that was a bonus! I had resigned myself to just answering calls! A lot of them were booking swimming sessions, so easy and uncomplicated!

Sophie picked me up at 2pm and we called into the brand new Shell garage at Moulton to get something for lunch. This has been revamped and is now a Waitrose outlet, with prices to match! I bought a Caesar salad, a tub of hummus and some rye sourdough crackers. It's certainly gone upmarket!

It was lovely to sit with Sophie in the kitchen to have lunch and look forward to some time off. Keith went to see Moulton Magpies play today as Sileby were away, and he came back looking slightly chilled! It's getting so much darker at night now, and the temperatures have dipped a bit. I am looking forward to some sun in Spain and highs of about 25c. Perfect!

Sophie and I played Scrabble this evening and I thrashed Sophie, beating her by about 100 points! I'm crowing about it because she normally beats me! Dinner tonight was "Winter in Summer chicken" and we'd chosen it as we had a pot of creme fraiche that needed to be used up. It was a very simple meal, with pan-fried chicken breasts, cherry tomatoes, pesto and the creme fraiche. With rice and vegetables, it was delicious!

After dinner, Keith and I settled down to watch a film called All The Old Knives, and I loved the opening scenes of Chris Pine driving down to Big Sur and across Bixby Bridge. The scene then moved to Carmel, but as I said, if he was driving south, then he would have already gone past Carmel!

We watched the film for about an hour and then it was time for bed. We were both tired!

No comments: