Thursday 22 September 2022

More preparations!

At work today, I was facing a shift on the phones, but after the first busy hour, I was able to come off and try and do all the jobs that I had on my list! I managed to get the films onto the system and update the spreadsheets, which was a bonus!

At 2pm I met Keith at the garage in Moulton to take my car. It's going on a little holiday of its own and having the flywheel replaced. I felt a little emotional leaving it there, but hopefully, it will be fixed on our return and sound a lot better!

Keith and I popped to the Co-op in Brixworth to take two bags of Tassimo pods, and then we had my Dad's car washed at the Shell garage on the outskirts of Kingsthorpe. We returned home and I mowed the back lawn and tidied up the garden, which looked enormously better when I'd finished. It was very pleasant outside with warm temperatures and a hint of Autumnal sunshine. I cleaned out the water bowls and cleaned the hedgehog plate so it looked lovely when I'd finished. I have put out loads of bird feeders so that should keep our feathered friends happy. We have a colony of sparrows living in the bushes at the back of the garden and they descended as soon as I went inside!

I hurt my back yesterday helping my parents so I've been hobbling around in a bit of pain today. I really do need a holiday!

Sophie came home exhausted after a day's volunteering at an allotment in Wellingborough. It was a "well-being" day for all the employees, and they were helping out in an allotment for a food bank. She had been working hard so looked a little bedraggled, bless her!

No comments: