Wednesday 14 September 2022

Meeting up.

Tuesday was a normal, uneventful day. I was off the phone at work and dealing with the customer service emails again. The phone calls have certainly subsided now, and there were long gaps between customers ringing in.

On Wednesday morning I took Sophie to work, we picked up her colleague, Luca, and then I drove them to the station so they could catch a train to Birmingham. They are attending an exhibition for two days, with a gala dinner this evening, so Sophie was excited about that, and mingling with people she talks to on a regular basis.

Back home, I had a coffee and Keith and I decided to go out for breakfast. We had toyed with the idea of having dinner out this evening, but the thought of the high prices for drinks put us off! We went to Glebe Farm near Kettering and had a delicious full English with a big pot of tea. It was lovely to sit and relax and look out over the gorgeous views from the café.

Back home I pottered about and at midday, I didn't feel well at all. Maybe the breakfast was too much for my tummy! I sat on the sofa and nodded off, with Monty curled up next to me. He put his paw on my hand, bless him!

I was due to meet my cousin Beverley and her husband Steve at the care home at 1.30pm and, although I really didn't feel like going, I dragged myself off to see them, saying to Keith I wouldn't be long. By the time I met them I was feeling a little better and we had a great catch-up with Mum and Dad, sitting in the lovely lounge overlooking the A14. It was lovely to have a chat with them and I do sometimes miss seeing my extended family!

Before I left, Mum and Dad had their covid booster jabs, which was great. I said goodbye to them, saying I would see them next Wednesday when I'd arranged to take my Dad to the dentist, and my Mum shopping.

I had a much-needed cup of tea at home with Keith and we had a very quiet evening. Neither of us fancied the dinner we had planned, so I had cheese on toast and Keith had a sandwich! I went upstairs and watched the last episode of Help! We Bought A Village, and I had an early night! I had a feeling that Sophie wouldn't be turning in early!


No comments: