Friday 16 September 2022

Frantic Friday!

Today has been another frantic day, trying to help out at times with the phone calls, and dealing with many more emails. I am beginning to run out of time now, and our holiday is looming large! At least I have a bonus day on Monday to get things done and I'm sure I'll make use of every minute! I want to watch the funeral, naturally, but the build-up on television is really getting to me now. Thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people are queuing up to pay their respects at the Queen's lying-in-state, and the thought of standing out in the chilly air through the night is madness! They were saying the queue time was twenty hours!

I was glad to get home at 4pm, and Sophie and I relaxed with a glass of wine and a new Netflix documentary. We had a disappointing Tesco Chinese meal for dinner, and I don't know why we bother with these when we make such nice meals ourselves!

We were all a bit tired tonight, and I was facing the prospect of work tomorrow, covering for Sue who is celebrating her 60th birthday. Once this is out of the way, I can look forward to two days off!


No comments: