Wednesday 21 September 2022

A spot of shopping.

My Dad had an appointment at the dentist this morning and, as it was my day off, I could take him. His previous appointments had been cancelled so it was great that we could make this one. We made the short journey in good time and he was quickly shown into a treatment room where he had his new dentures fitted. He looked like his old self!

On the way back to the care home we popped into Costa for a coffee, and I forgot that Dad couldn't eat immediately with his dentures in! He wanted a bacon roll, but thankfully, they didn't have any, and it was only when he took his first bite of an almond cake I'd bought, that we remembered! I quickly grabbed it off him, poor thing, and he looked most aggrieved!

We dropped Dad off and then drove over to my favourite place, the Weston Favell Centre... yes, I'm being sarcastic! I hadn't been for ages, and I certainly hadn't missed it! I had a long list of things I needed to get and we bought a basket full of toiletries for Mum and Dad, and I bought tons of bird food and hedgehog food for our little wild friends to keep them going while we're away!

My Mum didn't want any lunch and we had a cold drink in Costa before I sped into Tesco to get a few things. By now the trolley was full of our purchases and we headed back as I think my Mum was a bit tired from all the walking.

I dropped her off, said goodbye to my parents and headed home. I made myself lunch and chatted with Keith in the kitchen before going upstairs and doing some more packing. I also made a list of jobs that we need to do before we go! It's getting longer every day!

After dinner tonight, Keith and I watched the two remaining episodes of Crossfire, which we enjoyed. It's great that we can watch it on iPlayer and satisfy the craving!

No comments: