Tuesday 20 September 2022

A blur of activity!

I went into work a bit earlier this morning as I had so much to catch up on. I was doing the cash-ups for all the centres as Sheila is on holiday, plus I had the box office returns to do, I had to finish the moan report for Sara, and I just knew I'd get the next tranche of films to put onto the system... Phew! I was hoping Sara would let me come off the phones, otherwise, I think I would have gone mad!

Luckily, she did and I managed to get everything done, including some films that will be showing while I'm away. Sheila has put the films on before but is a bit rusty, and I didn't want to leave her with that job. Time is rapidly running out now!

As I was so busy, the time sped by in a blur. I left at 4pm, called into the post office to take back some clothes I'd ordered - grrr! - and went home. I just had time to hoover and tidy up before Paul came over, Monty's other slave!

We had a good chat and we showed him where all the master's food was and how best to look after him. Sophie arrived home from work after her busy day, and with all the preparations, I began to feel the first stirrings of excitement! I had said goodbye to two of my colleagues at work this afternoon, as I wouldn't be working with them until after the holiday. I suspect the time will fly by!

Today has felt like Monday so it felt slightly strange to look forward to a day off tomorrow. Keith and I watched an excellent new drama this evening called Crossfire. I just hope nobody watching is heading off to the Tenerife hotel it was filmed at this weekend!

No comments: