Monday 12 September 2022

Good news!

We were all waiting for the news from our MD today about the working arrangements for the Queen's funeral next week. It's been declared a Bank Holiday but that means nothing to us, as we're normally open anyway.

We were all hoping that everywhere would close out of respect and to allow people to watch the funeral at home. Luckily, just after lunchtime, we received the unexpected news that we would indeed close, which was great. I was fully expecting to work and would have gone in, but this was a bonus.

Nicola was back from her holiday this morning and was hilarious as always, regaling us with stories of what she'd been up to with her family! I manned the phones for a while but as it wasn't too busy, I came off to deal with the ever-rising tide of emails. We had several phone calls about our opening hours, but strangely, no emails!

Back home I discovered that one of the items we'd sold on eBay was faulty, while another hadn't been delivered. I do sometimes wonder if it's worth it. We still had some items to sell so I took them off as I wouldn't be able to send them off next Monday anyway. I think we'll give it a rest for a few weeks!

Dinner tonight was a delicious chicken casserole with dumplings, the meal we should have had yesterday! Although today had been warm, the evening turned chillier, so it was the perfect meal for an Autumn night!

P.S. No hedgehogs again. At least I'm spared from buying an automatic feeder for them while we're away!


No comments: