Saturday 10 September 2022

Feeling nervous.

I woke this morning feeling a bit of trepidation as Sophie was going to Birmingham to meet a new man for lunch. She had met him online and today was the day... Personally, (and she knows this) I think it's too soon after breaking up with Zain, but at 26, she can certainly make her own decisions.

We dropped her at the station at 11am and returned home where I did some housework. I was doing my best to keep busy and not check my phone every two minutes! She did text to say they'd met up and were going to play crazy golf, followed by something to eat. She sounded happy, so that's all I can wish for.

Today has been dull and cloudy with occasional rain showers. Autumn is definitely here now and I can see the trees slowly begin to change. Some of them didn't do so well in the drought that we had, and are already shedding their leaves.

In the afternoon I indulged in a rare bath, and then lay on the bed and watched a fascinating documentary about James Joyce and his novel, Ulysses. I've never read it and didn't even know what it was about, but it was a bit racy in parts!

Sophie texted me to say she was going to get the 5.30pm train home and that she'd had a great time, which was a relief. On the way to pick her up, we called into a very busy Aldi in Kingsthorpe to buy some more cat litter (we'd left the tray out in the rain) and some batteries as the mouse on our computer is playing up.

Sophie arrived at about 6.30pm and told us all about her date and although she sounded happy she said that maybe it was a bit too soon. She doesn't expect to see him before we go on holiday so she'll have plenty of time to think things over!

Dinner this evening was a simple cold meats and new potatoes meal, followed by a film Keith and I watched called The Catcher Was A Spy. It was a bit mediocre but I do like Paul Rudd who was the main star!

No comments: