Sunday 18 September 2022

Getting ready.

Today has been busy and it dawned on me this morning how little free time I have next week to get things done! I have tomorrow, hardly any time on Wednesday as I'm taking my parents out, and Thursday afternoon! We made a list of things that needed doing, and I know that I'm a little obsessive about having the house clean and the car immaculate when we go away, but that's how I am!

I spent a good hour sorting out our tall cupboards as the one nearest our living room is just a dumping ground for everything, with things threatening to topple over and fall out every time we go in there. I transferred all of our dinner party crockery to the very top of our other cupboard and gave it a good tidy-up. I found a pile of masks in the cupboard, which might come in handy in Spain, especially if we do catch the train to Barcelona, as we need to use them on public transport. I have Michelle and Paul coming around next week to chat about Monty so I wanted everything to look tidy! 

Keith had his Autumn covid booster jab this morning so I drove him to Moulton Park at 11am. It was a lot quieter than usual and he was in and out before his appointment time. We returned home and I did some more jobs before Sophie and I went over to Tesco at Kettering to get something for dinner tomorrow night. All of the supermarkets are closed tomorrow, and Tesco was very busy with people. Tomorrow will feel like Christmas Day, but much more sombre!

We managed to get rid of some recycling and headed home where I hoovered my Dad's car and gave it a good clean inside. The outside will have to wait for later in the week. We are going to have to try and work out where the blasted headlight converters need to go at some point, and I was hoping that my Dad's car had some kind of automatic switch to divert them, but no luck!

I felt hot and sweaty after cleaning the car, so I had a lovely bath and lounged in the hot soapy water. When I was dry and dressed, Sophie and I played Scrabble, and this time she thrashed me! We drank a particularly good wine from Tesco called Carnivor, a Californian Zinfandel that was delicious and very easy to drink!

Dinner this evening was beef steaks in onion gravy, a ton of vegetables, mash and Keith's Yorkshire puddings. A meal like this would have been unimaginable a few weeks ago, but Autumn is now definitely here!

P.S. The hedgehogs have made a comeback and are gobbling up everything we put out for them. Perhaps they went off on a min-break!

No comments: