Saturday 3 September 2022

Getting ready...

Once Sophie had gone to the gym this morning, I started on my list of things we needed to do for the holiday. I was still a bit confused about the covid rules for France and Spain, and learnt that we needed a vaccine pass for Spain, but nothing at all for France!

I duly downloaded our covid passes (Keith has a paper one as he doesn't have a smartphone) and we also printed off the ferry booking confirmations and the hotel booking for Auxerre. I also looked up the rules for driving in France and Spain and learnt that we need two warning triangles for Spain! We also need to take a copy of our insurance policy and the logbook for the car! Phew! Who said it was a good idea to drive rather than fly?! One thing had been worrying me and it was the "Crit'Air" sticker that you need to drive in some of France's big cities. When we went to Berlin years ago we had to order one, but as we're not going near Paris, I'm going to hope that we won't need it! 

In between all this, I did mounds of washing and stripped the spare bed. When I had made it up again I took photos for Sheila to show her how the cushions looked against the headboard:



Sophie hoovered for me and mopped the kitchen floor so we had a very productive day. It was also lovely to look on Google Street View at Auxerre and discover where the hotel is and the restaurants nearby.

Keith went to see Sileby play and Sophie painted my toenails for me, which was lovely. We played Scrabble and I thrashed Sophie! That doesn't happen very often! As we were having beef stroganoff for dinner, we drank red wine. We opened a new wine from Aldi but Sophie wasn't keen so she opened the red we bought in Mallorca last December. We're hoping to bring back a fair amount of wine from Spain but we're not sure whether we'll be able to buy this particular wine - it was delicious!

The Mallorcan wine is on the left - we loved the label!

Keith cooked a delicious dinner and after we'd eaten we watched The Martian starring Matt Damon. It was a long film so a rather late night!

No comments: