Wednesday 1 December 2021

Triple jabbed!

I didn't sleep well last night, so when Sophie went to the gym I headed back to bed with Monty and slept until 8.30am! Shortly after I woke up, I received a call from Anthony at Highfields to say we were invited into their hospitality box on the 2nd of January to see Saints play Saracens! We were delighted! What a lovely surprise!

I spent most of the morning preparing tonight's dinner of chicken and ham tangle pie, a dish I was going to serve next week when Andrea, Fiona and Lynda were coming for dinner. I thought it would be prudent to prepare it all before I went for my booster jab in the afternoon, in case I felt all wobbly! I chopped up the veggies, chicken and ham and did everything but put the filo pastry on top. 

Keith came with me to the vaccination centre in Moulton in case I felt ill afterwards! We all had to sit for fifteen minutes after we'd been jabbed but I felt fine. I think the most common side-effect is a sore arm.

On the way home we called to cancel the newspapers at the shop in Broughton and then took the scenic route home. Today has been very grey and misty with heavy clouds. I long for some sunshine!

Our meal tonight was delicious and certainly benefited from letting all the flavours mix together!





No comments: