Monday 20 December 2021

Back to work

As predicted, Keith and Sophie received their results today and were obviously both negative! At least that's now sorted!

I went into work to find lots of cards on my desk, as well as a little piece of Christmas cake in a pretty wrapper and presents from Sheila and Sara. If only every Monday morning was like this! Sara was fine about my absence last week, and we had a good chat about the holiday.

I was taken off the phones today as I had another tranche of films to put onto the system, and the spreadsheets to update. There was a moment of panic mid-morning when one of the film staff came in to say that we hadn't yet received the film Cry Macho which was due to be shown tomorrow evening. It's a Warner Bros film so no reason why they hadn't sent it to us. I emailed several people and tried to get hold of somebody at Warner Bros (very difficult) and in the end, it was all sorted. To be honest, the reviews that have come out about Cry Macho weren't promising, so if we hadn't been successful, it wouldn't have mattered! I think there was just one person booked to see the film anyway!

As I was so busy the time flew by, and at 4pm I sped home. Keith had managed to get hold of another plumbing and heating engineer who had promised to come out tomorrow to look at the system. The house is so cold at the moment, and although we have heating in the living room and kitchen, upstairs is like a freezer!

I made a fish pie this evening (I'd forgotten about it and groaned when I realised) but Keith and Sophie always enjoy it, so I feel compelled to make it once in a while! It wasn't bad and we served it with roasted asparagus, baby sweetcorn and tender stem broccoli - delicious!


No comments: