Thursday 16 December 2021

Missing out on fun...

Sophie was particularly upset today as she had to miss her company's Christmas lunch. I hardly need say we are still awaiting the results, but I have a horrible feeling that the tests haven't even been delivered yet!

Keith and I did another Morrison's order today, but it said delivery wouldn't be until about 6pm. Again, we cobbled together a meal - chicken cooked in a mushroom soup "sauce" (with added stock), lots of vegetables and dumplings.

For fun, we cleaned the oven, and I dusted the pendant lights in the kitchen, one of which had a cobweb hanging from it... I'm sure there are better ways to spend our time, but at least the oven was sparkling clean afterwards!

We have been able to order some Christmas presents, but there are still a few things I need to get in the shops. On Sunday, results or not, we are taking my Mum out and going to Tesco. Sophie has arranged for the people where she works to send her money, so we can go and buy essentials for the Kettering foodbank again like we did last year. At the moment she has over £100 so that will fill the trolley again!

I put the finishing touches to my window and coloured in the letter "S". I hung a stocking in the window, added some fairy lights, and sat one of our Santas there as well. Tomorrow I can add the letter, and I do hope some people come by to have a look!

In the evening Sophie and I played Scrabble, drank cocktails and listened out for our food delivery. It came just in time to peel some more potatoes to add to the two forlorn ones we had. I cooked again and the meal was delicious. It's definitely Keith's turn tomorrow!




No comments: