Friday 17 December 2021

Our heating woes continue...

Our isolation is now nearing ten days, and this morning I noticed that my test had arrived at its destination yesterday. So, the Royal Mail must take some of the blame for the delay. It's probably the worst time of the year to post anything important!

Sophie worked from home again and had a meeting with the other staff online. She was supposed to be dressed up in a Christmas costume, but I don't think her heart was in it. bless her. I sat with her at the kitchen island and read the papers, and was told to keep quiet! We made Monty go out, although he did make a cameo appearance in the meeting a bit later!

We actually saw some sun this morning, but then at lunchtime, a thick fog descended which felt quite creepy! It also became very cold. I went and had a long soak in the bath in the afternoon but I could hear a rumbling noise as if an old diesel truck was idling outside the house. I even got out of the bath to investigate!

When Keith came upstairs I told him about the noise and he opened the airing cupboard door to find we had a leak again... we couldn't believe it! Another Friday evening, another leak in exactly the same place! We had no choice but to turn the heating and water off in case it became any worse.

This means that the only source of heating we have now is the fire in the living room, a hot air system in the kitchen and a warm air heater. I just hope it doesn't get any colder! At least we can turn the immersion heater on for hot water!

Sophie and I had a glass of red wine before our dinner of chilli con Carne, which Keith cooked. It was hot and spicy and certainly warmed us up!

No comments: