Wednesday 15 December 2021

Confined again!

Another day, another confinement... We still haven't heard from the company organising our tests and I'm beginning to think we never will. To my horror, I found some reviews on Trustpilot that were appalling. How this company - Covid Travel Clinics - can be endorsed by the Government is beyond me. When I initially found them, the reviews were good. They were obviously fake!

I called Sara this morning to say that we hadn't had the results back and that it was looking unlikely that I would get them before tomorrow. I suggested taking a lateral flow test tomorrow and on Friday, and she said that she would check and get back to me. When she called a few minutes later, the answer was no, because of the Government guidelines. This now means I will have to use some of the holiday I have booked before the New Year, which is a complete pain.

Sophie and I were supposed to be going to the Oxford Christmas market today, but her leave has been cancelled, and we wouldn't have been able to go anyway. I could scream with frustration!

Keith and I kept ourselves busy by doing some exciting things - we did a load of shredding, sorted out some laundry that needed doing, and hoovered downstairs. The plumber arrived about lunchtime and fixed the problem with the heating. We were very glad as it was cold last night! This means that we have now spent over £700 on getting the problems fixed. Please let that be an end to it now!

Keith and I did venture out in the afternoon, to take some recycling to the ROAR! bins and to deliver Christmas cards to our neighbours. The weather continues to be grey, overcast and miserable. It would be, wouldn't it? The gorgeous blue skies of Mallorca and the warm sunshine are a distant memory!

Dinner tonight was another success. Keith bashed some pork loins and then we coated them in homemade breadcrumbs. I made a cheese sauce using some leftover hard Italian cheese from the fridge and, for a change, made cubed roasted potatoes. The meal was lovely! If nothing else, we're eating well!


No comments: