Monday 27 December 2021

The unrelenting grey...

Boxing Day

I was up at 6am this morning and enjoyed a coffee in peace and quiet. Bliss! Mike and Abbie left at about 8.30am, as they were off to her Dad's for more celebrations.

Today has been spent doing very little, and the weather has been truly awful, with grey, leaden skies in the morning, and fog in the afternoon. A perfect day for staying in and keeping warm... and maybe eating some chocolate!

Sophie and I enjoyed a face pack in the afternoon, and I had a long soak in the bath. Dinner this evening was the usual Boxing Day fare of leftover turkey and bubble and squeak. Sophie cooked while Keith and I made a list for the shopping tomorrow, and the meal was delicious! She can cook again!

After dinner, we watched the Christmas episode of Death in Paradise, which even Sophie enjoyed! We all loved the twist at the end!

Monday

I was at work at 9am this morning and the roads were very quiet. Today and tomorrow are classed as Bank Holidays in lieu of the weekend. To be honest, I didn't mind going back to work today as I have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off. With the weather being so horrible, there's not much you can do!

I was working with Millie today, and she was very quiet. The phones weren't that busy and we had a lot of calls asking what our opening times were, something I had expected. I managed to clear all the customer service emails, and I did a job for Sheila which kept me busy.

When I emerged at 4pm it was obvious we'd had a lot of rain today. Will this weather ever improve? Back at home Mike had returned for the night and was feeling hungover! I had no sympathy!

Keith cooked a delicious turkey (and chicken, to pad it out) curry for the evening meal. That is it now for the turkey - we have no leftovers at all. The Tiramisu disappeared yesterday evening so we've had no waste at all except the scrapings from the plates!

No comments: