Saturday 11 December 2021

Testing times...

I had a fabulous night's sleep and woke feeling very refreshed. To my surprise, I received a text saying that our tests would be with us today, at about 11.30am. That was great as we were supposed to take them today, it being Day 2 after our arrival back in the UK.

I still had washing to do and writing my blog, of course. It was like re-living the holiday all over again! We have had the heating on non-stop since we returned home (the house was like a freezer on Thursday night) and the washing machine and tumble dryer have been in constant use!

The tests arrived at 11.30am and we had to click on the link in the email to activate them. Swabbing our noses and throats wasn't pleasant, but we managed it, and sealed up the cardboard envelopes, ready to be sent back. I had to arrange a collection from the Royal Mail but the earliest time was Monday morning.

In the afternoon I was able to order some groceries from Morrison's via Amazon, and they were scheduled for delivery between 4pm and 6pm. I thought the service was fantastic and will enable us to relax a bit more until we can get out to the shops next week.

I also did a huge pile of ironing and listened to Phil Collins' Face Value album while I did it. I actually enjoyed doing it!

Sophie and I played Scrabble again and we ordered a Chinese takeaway for dinner. We enjoyed drinks with the game and a glass of wine I'd ordered with the meal, which was delicious. After we'd eaten we settled down to watch Love Actually, definitely a family favourite at this time of year!


No comments: