Thursday 30 September 2021

Waiting about!

The weather reverted back to blustery and wet today, and Keith and I went to do the shopping in Kettering. We went to Aldi first and I had a good wander along the central aisles looking at the bargains! We then drove to Tesco, but on the way, stopped to get diesel at the garage. Yesterday they didn't have any diesel, and we needed to get some as we're driving down to Southampton on Sunday.

Keith put some in my car, and then we waited for about ten minutes for the idiot in front to put fuel in his car, and then go and pay. I had no option but to sit and wait and I was fuming! I would have been mortified to keep someone waiting so long!

In Tesco, we had just entered the store when the fire alarms went off! We were told to go outside and wait, but it was freezing cold so we decided to abandon the trip and go home. I was taking Mum out this afternoon, so I said we'd go to the Weston Favell Centre and get the rest of the shopping in the Tesco there.

Back home we put the shopping away as best we could amidst all the dush sheets and paint pots, and I tried on my new boots, which have come at the right time, now the weather is on the change! I then did a test and went to pick Mum up at 2pm. 

We headed over to the Weston Favell Centre and had a cup of tea and a sandwich first in The Lounge. We then popped into Tesco where I did the rest of my shopping while Mum treated herself to some new make-up and a jumper.

On the way home, she showed me the letter she'd received from Nationwide and it wasn't the new card I'd been expecting! It was a whole sheaf of bank statements and a letter so I've asked her to call the number tomorrow to try and sort it out. They wouldn't talk to me anyway, but she might have a chance with them if my Dad is with her.

I dropped Mum off and it was almost 6pm by the time I got home. The painting is finished now and we are very pleased with how it looks. I wasn't sure about the pink wall at first, but it's growing on me! We love the blue doors and I said it's been decades since I lived in a house with coloured doors!






No comments: