Tuesday 14 September 2021

A very grey day...

Today the weather has been awful, with almost constant rain and heavy grey skies. Our plans to go to Olney this afternoon were definitely postponed, and we'll probably go tomorrow instead!

Sophie went to the gym, so at least she ventured out today! When she returned home I made a cooked breakfast of sausages (veggie and normal) potato waffles and spaghetti hoops served with toast or bread and butter. It was definitely the day for nursery food!

After we'd cleared away we made some choc chip cookies and indulged in a face pack lying on the bed. I'll start to think it's Sunday! The rain continued for most of the day and the clouds didn't shift at all.

In the evening Sophie and I played Scrabble, and Keith joined us at the island. We listened to some music on Sophie's Echo Dot and Keith said he thought Alexa was creepy... I think she's very polite and does exactly what we ask her to! I love it when we say goodnight and she replies, "Nighty Night"!

Recently, I joined a Facebook group for Key West and the Keys Photography. I submitted a photo of Key West taken back in 2014, just after we'd had a torrential downpour of rain:


It appeared yesterday and so far, I've had 500 likes which I find amazing! The photo brings back some fantastic memories of a lovely evening and I was so glad I was able to share it.

Travel at the moment is a distant memory and I miss going abroad so much, even if it's just for a couple of days in France. Hopefully, we won't need to do tests when we get back to England soon, but judging by the news this evening about coronavirus, I think we're in for a tough winter. On the bright side, at least us oldies will get a booster jab soon!



No comments: