Tuesday 7 September 2021

Girls' night in!

Keith and I went shopping at 9am this morning before it became really hot. We popped into Aldi first and I picked up some Spring bulbs to add to the daffodil ones I bought last week. I am determined to have some colour next March! Keith bought a new white shirt in Tesco for Dave's funeral on Thursday, and we were all done by 10am. When we emerged into the sunlight, it felt really warm! 

Back home we unpacked and then had a late breakfast. With the warmth today, we decided to stay at home and potter about, which is what we did, and very enjoyable it was as well!

Mike texted me to say that he was working as a Covid tester for people embarking on cruises:

He really looks the part!

That's one less worry to think about! Now they just need to find a flat to rent!

Today has been very relaxing, and I managed to get a fair amount done, in between relaxing and keeping cool. I planted some of the bulbs into containers, ready for next Spring, did a load of washing, hoovered the house, did a pile of ironing as Keith's foot was hurting him, and hand-washed a jumper for my Mum. By the time Sophie came home the house was looking lovely!

Keith went out this evening to watch Sileby play football, something he hasn't done on a Tuesday evening for absolutely ages. Traditionally, we would have eaten Jerk Chicken but as there was just Sophie and me, it wasn't worth it. Instead, we had lemon and herb-crusted chicken breasts, served with mash and vegetables and washed down with a delicious Greek wine I bought in Aldi. We ate the meal at the kitchen island, and I have to say the kitchen was looking beautiful as it became dark outside, and I lit some candles to dot about. Although it's now a lot bigger, it still feels cosy.

After we'd eaten we watched a new series called The White Lotus which is supposed to be a rival to Nine Perfect Strangers. We loved The White Lotus, especially the manager of the hotel who was very much like Basil Fawlty!

No comments: