Tuesday 28 September 2021

Running on fumes!

I followed Sophie to the garage at Moulton this morning, to try and get some petrol, but they didn't have any at all. Our next stop was the Tesco garage at Weston Favell, but they were closed. Sophie had just enough to get her to work and home again, so I said we would try and sort it out this evening. This situation is getting ridiculous!

I arrived home to find Keith emptying out the kitchen again, in readiness for David, who arrived promptly at 8am. I fled into the shower and then left for work at 9am. There was no point in hanging around! I went to the garage at Moulton to find they still didn't have petrol, but I bought a ticket for the carwash and a coffee and pastry for my breakfast.

Unfortunately, the carwash wasn't working (a bonus as it poured with rain later in the day) so I went straight to work. Jo was back and feeling better, and my shift passed quickly as I had a lot of things to do to keep me busy!

When I arrived home at 4.30pm, David was putting all of the dust sheets away, and I was very pleased with the progress so far. I just can't wait to see the doors painted! I hoovered the kitchen floor after he'd gone and tidied up. Once that was done I tried to contact Mike about his tax code. A letter had arrived from HMRC, and it looks very much like he's on the wrong tax code. I logged onto the website but halfway through the conversation with him, I received a panicked call from Sophie to say that she was stuck in traffic on the A43, and the car was registering no more miles of petrol in the tank. I told her to drive as steadily as she could home, and we would sort it out.

Understandably, she was stressed when she arrived home and wanted to go out there and then to get petrol, but there was no way we were taking her car. And definitely not in rush hour in the pouring rain! We said that we would take her to work in the morning, buy a jerry can and then fill her car up. She disappeared upstairs for a while, and then came down to say she wasn't worried about it anymore, safe in the knowledge we would sort it for her!

Dinner tonight was Jerk Chicken Pasta for Sophie and me, as we thought Keith would be at the football. It was as delicious as ever, and Keith contented himself with a beef sandwich! He's mad! The weather had turned really nasty outside, so we decided to test the new heating plinth in the kitchen. It worked beautifully and the room was lovely and cosy!

No comments: