Sunday 5 September 2021

Return of the sun!

Today has been a very lazy Sunday - I am on holiday!

I woke up later than I wanted, so the time has flown by. Sophie was meeting Zain in Woburn for lunch and we bid her farewell at about 12pm. I attempted to put my daffodil bulbs into the front garden, but the soil was dry and very hard to dig. Maybe I'll wait until it rains! The sun has made a return today and it was hot at the front of the house!

Therefore, it was heaven to sit at the island, with the half door open, and the window behind me ajar to welcome the breeze, and thoroughly read the Sunday paper. Bliss! I didn't feel guilty at all! I did tidy up Mike's room, though, and clean one of his windows, but we'll wait until he takes his bed down to Southampton to really scrub the walls and paintwork. I think we'll need to get a new carpet, and we'll definitely have to decorate!

I hoovered upstairs as well and did a half clean of the bathroom so I wasn't that lazy! I also managed to put a colour on my hair, have a face-pack and a foot-pack. I sent a pic to Sophie to show what I looked like - Hannibal Lecter came to mind!

Sophie was back by about 5pm so, after a good chat, we played Scrabble while Keith re-heated the chicken in a red wine sauce from last night. I really didn't fancy any dinner, and I'm heartily sick of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots at the moment!

No comments: