Tuesday 21 September 2021

What a fiasco!

I seem to be very irritated a lot of the time lately, and this morning, driving into work, the actions of some drivers made me see red! I'm sure there are people that believe that they are the only ones on the road, and drive without any consideration for others! This morning, a woman was driving slowly in the outside lane of the new stretch of dual carriageway, for no reason (she wasn't going right at the roundabout), and then on the very busy Round Spinney roundabout, a car had just stopped and was blocking one of the lanes. He may have broken down, but somehow I don't think he had. He was just sitting there!

Work was equally frustrating. I was the only one in the office able to process orders, and my desk was covered in them at one point. Each one seemed to have a problem! It was a relief to get out at 4pm and go home! 

Sophie and I had an appointment to give blood this evening, and I had arranged to meet her at Moulton Village Hall. She was due at about 5.30pm and as we were driving to meet her she called me to say her appointment had been cancelled! Nobody had bothered to let her know, and to say she was fuming was the understatement of the year! We met her in the car park and she was furious that she'd wasted her time. I was furious as well, and let the poor man on the front desk know my feelings. He said they were short-staffed but I said someone could have at least let her know.

To be honest, it was a fiasco of an evening. I have donated almost 50 pints of blood, and this evening, for some reason, my blood just wasn't playing ball. The nurse inserted the needle, which hurt a bit more than usual (and she'd been faffing about) and after literally two minutes, the alarm sounded. A donor carer came over and said that the blood had stopped flowing. Even with him trying to adjust the needle, nothing was coming out so we had to stop. I then had a nurse pressing my arm to try and stop me from having a bruise (but for the first time ever, I have one). It was not a good night. I am certain that the first donor carer inserted the needle incorrectly, and I'm sure I have had this lady before, and she had to go and get someone more experienced. Normally, the needle goes in, I relax for about fifteen minutes and am all done with no problems!

I drove home where Sophie was a bit worried but I felt fine. I was annoyed that we'd wasted our time and I'm sure they could have squeezed Sophie in. Keith went to see Sileby play football, while Sophie and I enjoyed chilli and baked potatoes. We then had an evening of Desperate Housewives, which certainly cheered us both up!

No comments: