Thursday 23 September 2021

Another early start!

It was a bit of a shock to get up at 6.30am this morning, and leave home an hour later to go to work! It was just like old times!

Sheila was in when I arrived and she said how lovely and quiet it was. We had two hours before the other four staff came in at 10am! I managed to get a lot done today - I did all the box office returns, I put new films on, updated the spreadsheets, sorted out my orders, and got on top of a lot of things that had been niggling me. I was very pleased!

At 2pm I went home and enjoyed a cup of tea with Keith. I then emailed Avery Park with financial stuff for my parents and hoovered the house. It's the season for the little brown things that manage to find their way into the house. I now know where they come from... the Silver Birch. They hang down from the branches like little fir cones, but each one is a tiny, brown, papery disc. The window was open in our en-suite and they literally covered the floor!

Sophie texted me to say she would be home at 5pm so we set off at 4.30pm. The traffic was horrendous, especially in Kingsthorpe, but we arrived only minutes after she got off the train. Sophie was very tired (she'd been up until 4am having fun) so a quiet evening followed!

No comments: