Monday 27 September 2021

We get decorated!

The beautiful weather of yesterday disappeared this morning, to be replaced with wind and rain! Horrible! Which reminds me... here are the names for the 2021-2022 storms:

Arwen

Barra

Corrie

Dudley 

Eunice

Franklin

Gladys

Herman

Imani

Jack

Kim 

Logan

Meabh

Nasim

Olwen

Pol

Ruby

Sean

Tineke

Vergil

Willemien


Sophie was up early to go to the gym, and as she was going out of the door, she spotted something scuttling up the drive. My first reaction was to scream as I thought it was the rat, but it was a hedgehog. We'd closed the door so we didn't see where it went... the garage or the garden?

I busied myself with emptying out the kitchen and giving the cloakroom a clean before David, the painter arrived at 8am. I put some food down for our birds who I feel I've been neglecting recently. I saw the robin hopping about, and then a squirrel! It's brilliant we have so much wildlife in the garden!

The rain and wind stopped before I went to work, and when I emerged from the office at 4pm the sun was shining. It had been a bit of an emotional day as Jo had returned from holiday without her Mum, who was still in Crete with Covid.

On the way home, Sophie tried to get some petrol at Moulton but there wasn't any. It's not funny anymore - she has about 60 miles worth of fuel in her car, so we'll have to go out early tomorrow to see if anywhere is open.

I cooked a curry for dinner tonight but we didn't sit in the kitchen. All of the cupboards are swathed in plastic sheeting to protect them from the paint so it didn't have our usual vibe!


No comments: