Friday 3 September 2021

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Today was my last day at work before two weeks off, and I really didn't want to be in! I was hoping that it would be quiet as I had two important things to do before my shift ended! After an initial rush of calls, it did go quiet, which was a huge relief, and I was able to get the box office returns completed and emailed over to the distributors, do the two tasks I had to do, and tidy up any loose ends.

At 4pm I sped home and mooched about until Sophie arrived. Keith went to the pub this evening to see his mate John, and Dave's son, Josh. It was great that he was able to join them for a drink. I still can't believe that Dave has died. I keep thinking I'll see him walk out of the pub when I collect Keith.

Dinner tonight was a simple affair, but it was very good. We enjoyed two Tesco Finest pizzas with crispy potatoes and salad. The pizzas were better than normal and I did wonder whether it was because of the new oven?

Sophie and I watched another two episodes of Nine Perfect Strangers, and I still think it's weird, and nowhere near in the same league as Big Little Lies. Nicole Kidman seems so wooden in it, and her wig is ridiculous!


No comments: