Sunday 8 January 2017

Sunday afternoon shopping

We were able to have a lie-in this morning after our late night, and a lazy-ish morning before Sophie and I went to Milton Keynes with my Mum at lunchtime. It was a lovely day with sunshine and blue skies but a bit chilly.

We went to John Lewis first for lunch as we were all hungry and had a good chat over bowls of soup served with crusty bread. A perfect winter warmer! We had a good look around the store as all the sales were on and I spotted some pillows in the sale. However, the British goose down king size pillows at £180 each certainly weren't included!

Sophie took her pyjamas back to River Island and bought a cute playsuit for Florida instead, but shopping today was dominated by the racks and racks of sale items, especially in M&S where they had loads of coats that had been reduced. I tried a couple on but didn't find one I liked so I'll stick to the one I have! We also went up to the lingerie section and had a funny chat with one of the assistants about boob sizes...we are never happy with the figure we have!

By 4pm were all shopped out so we headed home on the M1 rather than go the very long way home via Olney. We dropped Mum off at her house and then headed home in the gloom for a welcome glass of wine before a roast chicken dinner!




No comments: