Sunday 29 January 2017

Post-dinner chaos...

I woke up at 8am this morning feeling a little bleary, a feeling made worse when I got downstairs to find Monty had been sick (obviously Mike had missed this last night before he let him out) and the kitchen looked like a tornado had hit it...

For the next hour I washed up, stacked the dishwasher and cleared the table of about a million glasses. Keith came down, took one look at the mess and disappeared into the living room where he did a bit of groaning. I took him a cup of tea, made myself another coffee and finished what I was doing before I sank onto the sofa and watched a bit of the Australian Men's Final with Federer and Nadal...it was like old times!

Even though I felt a bit groggy and tired I decided to strip our bed and put fresh bedding on it, using my new quilt! It felt beautifully luxurious and much thicker than our old quilt. I have to say I can't wait to go to bed tonight!

Before taking Mike to Brixworth I made Keith and I an omelette as I had three egg whites left over from making the Key Lime Pie, a load of mushrooms and some grated cheese from last night. I enjoyed it but I think it tipped Keith over the edge of his hangover and when we got back from giving Mike a lift he retreated to the sofa where he stayed for most of the day. It was that mixing beer and wine that did it!! I stuck to the grape!

The weather deteriorated during the day and the sunshine of this morning gave way to grey skies and a steady downpour. Perfect for staying inside and doing very little!

Some photos of Sophie and friends in New York...



On the steps of the Natural History museum

No comments: