Monday 30 January 2017

A quiet start to the week...

Today the weather has been really horrible - never-ending grey skies and rain all day. I had a contact lens check at Boots in the morning and we needed to get a few bits and pieces from Tesco so Keith came with me.

We dropped Mike off in Brixworth first and Sophie messaged me from New York. It was very early in the morning for her! Just as she starts to acclimatise to the time difference, she'll be coming home! Keith drove so I could chat with her and she sounded like she was having a good time, lucky thing! I'll never get over how fantastic it is to be able to contact Sophie with such ease - from simple messages to exchanging photos and videos to even seeing her online.

My contact lens check was fine but I nearly ended up with an eye test as well! It was only done in September! Thankfully, when I told them that it wasn't necessary, they agreed so I didn't have to go all through that palava again! One good thing is they have changed the prescription in my left eye to -1.50 to help with reading, so I'm hoping it will work.

As I came out, Keith had finished shopping and we drove home through the gloom. The afternoon was spent catching up with my assignment (I sent it off) and reading up on the new franchise idea. We went to collect Mike earlier than we had anticipated so when we returned it was great to get all cosy and shut the terrible weather out!

In the evening we played cards in the conservatory and had a couple of drinks. Bliss!

No comments: