Tuesday 31 January 2017

Rude people!

I received an email yesterday asking for help at the CAB on Tuesday morning as they were short-staffed and there was a new woman manning Reception, who although she had been an adviser, hadn't worked in the office before. I was more than happy to help out, but looking back I wish I hadn't bothered!

The weather has been horrible again today - misty, grey and damp with not the slightest hint of sunshine. I was early as usual and set about opening up the offices and setting up the laptops. One of the advisers came over and within a few minutes Christine had arrived as well. We also had two clients waiting and one of them said he'd been in before. I went to get him one of the normal data sheets we use and the adviser barked at me that I was using the wrong one and that I had to use a "Returning Client sheet". I felt really embarrassed and said that I was never told to use this form by Frank and that we always used the normal sheet, whether they were previous clients or not!

I dealt with the clients and helped Christine to set up her laptop and we had another young woman appear with a problem, so it was very chaotic! It turned out that we were only going to have one adviser today and as we were closing at 12pm, we would have to keep a close eye on the people waiting to be seen.

We were busy all morning but things went pretty smoothly and I showed Christine the ropes. As there was only one office being used, I shut the laptop down but kept it on the desk in case another adviser came over to help. All of a sudden, three quarters of the way through the session, a man appeared in our office doorway with our laptop and asked, in a really scathing tone, whose laptop it was. He then said I was pretty silly to leave it in the office! I was very shocked and humiliated as he shouldn't have been in the office without asking and I had left it there with the door closed as there was the possibility another adviser was coming over, and to have locked it back in the cabinet would have been silly. I was fuming and I really wished that I hadn't bothered today!

I had an appointment with the nurse at our surgery at 1pm so I had to re-arrange that as we didn't leave until 12.30pm. I sped home like a mad thing to eat a sandwich and freshen up before my visit and Keith came with me to keep me company (and so I could moan about my morning!). The weather, if anything, had become even worse and after filling my car up with diesel we drove home in the gloom, looking forward to a nice relaxed evening!

I missed Sophie very much tonight as Keith settled down to watch football after dinner and I retired to the conservatory with Monty who snored throughout the time I was in there!


No comments: