Thursday 12 January 2017

A forecast of snow...

I woke early this morning and was able to sit and watch an episode of "The Affair" in peace and quiet, which was bliss. This series is really excellent and I will be very sorry when it ends. The acting has been brilliant.

It was down to me to take the kids to college and uni today as Keith had a blood test at 9am. Unfortunately, the road we normally use was closed because of an accident (on a bend...no surprise as people drive around it like lunatics) so we had a diversion to make first of all. I dread the morning school run but although we were stuck for a while it wasn't too bad, thank goodness.

When Keith arrived home we drove over to Aldi and Tesco and did our weekly shopping. For some reason Sophie and Mike had got involved with our list and had ordered various items including a jar of Jalapenos and lemon curd (Mike) and cleansing water and mayonnaise (Sophie). Heaven forbid if we forgot them!

Because of the warning of snow for our area both supermarkets were busy, presumably everyone out getting their supplies in before the end of the world approached (or 1-2 cm of snow). Once back home I wrote my CV and emailed it to Andy who I had met on Tuesday. If it's OK I'll then put it on various job websites and see what happens...

Keith and I left at about 3.30pm to pick up Soph and Mike and went to get Sophie first. MIke called us to ask where we were as by now it was raining but there was definitely some sleet mixed in with it. We told him we wouldn't be long and to stay inside the foyer at college until we got there.

We collected Sophie and then drove to get Mike but the traffic was horrendous, presumably because everyone had left work early. I managed to turn around as I didn't fancy sitting in traffic for ages and we went another way to get Mike but it took us half an hour, rather than the ten minutes it usually does.

Back home I prepared some nibbles as Sue came over for a glass of wine. She brought a lovely bottle of Prosecco and we had a good chat until almost 8pm. Outside the threatened snow never arrived - what a surprise!

No comments: