Wednesday 25 January 2017

Some interesting characters!

We had thick, freezing fog here today and it has remained cold all day. I had to take Mike to college this morning as Keith had a dentist appointment so I made sure we left at 8am so I could get into town for my session at the CAB.

The journey was good and I was knocking on the door of the Guildhall at 8.50am a little frantically as a man hanging about had asked me if the Department of Work and Pensions was based within the building, and then he blurted out that he liked my hair...hmmm!

Luckily the staff saw me and let me in and the man wandered off. He was never a real worry but the building does attract some strange people, and this seemed to be the case today as we had some interesting characters through the door!

We were busy all day and when the time came to go home I was more than ready to head out of the door. I called Sophie to say I was going to buy a bottle of wine on the way home but Keith had beaten me to it and had bought a bottle of the Bicicleta Viognier in Tesco earlier in the day.

It was bliss to get in out of the cold and play cards in the conservatory over some wine and nibbles. Mike finished his own assignment and joined us for a couple of games, but the winners tonight were Sophie and I who won most of the rounds!

No comments: