Friday 20 January 2017

A quiet end to the week.

Thursday and Friday have been quiet days with not a great deal to write about. I haven't heard back about the job I applied for last week, which is a bit disappointing...and worrying. I thought I may have been called for an interview at least!

After we had picked up the kids from uni and college we drove over to Mum and Dad's house for a cup of tea. The traffic was so much quieter this evening so last week must have been down to the dire warnings of the snow, which fell the next morning!

We enjoyed a cup of tea and slices of cake and had a chat with my parents. They gave Sophie some money for her trip to New York and lent her a cabin suitcase again...that bag must be more travelled than we are!

On Friday, as the weather was so lovely, I washed my car and Keith's car, both of which were filthy. I even cleaned them inside as well so I was really pleased when I'd finished and they were both all shiny. I really need to get out into the garden and do some tidying up - some of my summer bedding plants have died and look very sorry for themselves! The good thing is that I can see some daffodils poking their heads above the soil and it won't be long before these lovely cheery flowers are everywhere!

No comments: