Friday 6 January 2017

Making plans...

Today has been another fairly uneventful day but at least we have a busy weekend to look forward to! We dropped Sophie and Mike off at college and work and Keith went for a walk while I returned home to do some essential housework! I would have liked to have accompanied Keith on his walk but I had to do some cleaning as we are out most of the weekend.

When Keith arrived home we had breakfast and I spent the afternoon grappling with my assignment again. I also called the National Careers Service and booked an appointment to see an adviser on Tuesday afternoon. I need help in compiling a CV which hopefully will be my first step in finding a job!

Sophie finished work a bit earlier today and was almost ready to go by the time we'd collected Mike from college. We went in to have a cup of tea and chatted to Maureen who said they'd been very busy again even though a lot of children had returned to school.

When we went outside to go home the weather was terrible - really cold and rainy and not very nice at all! It was great to go home, have a bath and watch Pointless!

Sophie's friend Danni came over in the evening and the two girls enjoyed pizza and wedges in the conservatory with a glass of wine. Keith, Mike and I enjoyed the same supper and while we were eating we asked Mike what he wanted to do for his birthday which is coming up soon. He mentioned a meal out with family which suits me fine...I was dreading him saying he wanted a party!

No comments: