Wednesday 10 September 2014

Who ate all the pies?

I had a busy day at work today, wading through mounds of paperwork and catching up with all the things that had happened while I was on holiday. It was great, therefore, to go out for a walk over the fields and then have a lovely soak in the bath before we all went out in the evening to the local pub.

We'd arranged to meet my parents in the pub for a meal but we arrived a little early and had a drink while sitting in the window seats. I ordered a bottle of Chenin Blanc as I knew Mum would want a glass of wine and I'm sure it worked out cheaper by doing it like that!

Tonight was Pie Night in the pub and they had three different variations on offer - chicken with stuffing, steak and ale, and a veggie choice, that I can't remember! Keith and the children all went for the steak and ale pie while Mum and I went for the Hunter's Chicken and Dad chose the Calves Liver. The pies came with veggies and mashed potatoes or chips and a pint of beer, a small glass of wine or a soft drink, which for £9.95 was good value.

All the meals were delicious but the pies did look a bit on the small side and my two couldn't wait to choose a dessert to finish their meal...American portions they were not! We had a lovely evening chatting about our holiday and I don't know why we don't meet up there more often. It's great as we can all walk so we don't have to worry about driving home after a couple of drinks and the pub is very friendly. The perfct local!

No comments: