Wednesday 17 September 2014

Decisions!

Today has been what I would call a good day and for that I'm very thankful!

Both Sophie and Keith came into work with me today but as the weather was lovely again, we didn't need my daughter to help out at lunchtime. She amused herself by looking at Ben Howard's website and was dismayed to find that his UK concert dates were all sold out. But...he was appearing in Berlin on the 27 November! As it was an occasion too good to miss, we booked up there and then to see him and spend two nights in Berlin! Keith was a bit shocked as that's something I don't tend to do on impulse like that, but as he's not a fan and he also needed to be at home to look after Mikey, he was OK with our decision to go!

Once the Booker order was delivered it was time to go and sort the new car out. Honda had called me first thing in the morning to say that the car was in the showroom so we went off to see it and have a test drive. When we saw the car we were all impressed. It was in lovely condition and was bigger than I'd imagined. Inside, it was very roomy so it would fit all four of us, if necessary, in comfort. We took it for a short test drive and Keith liked the way it drove so that was good news. The only problem was that it came without a spare wheel, something Keith was not very happy about. He asked whether they could move on the price, but the saleswoman came back and said that they would supply a spare wheel for free if we made a decision on the car today.

We decided to go for it so now we just have to wait for that to be fitted and hopefully we can pick up the car next Wednesday, which is Keith's birthday.

After work, Sophie, Keith and I went for a walk over the (very smelly!) fields and then it was home to get showered before Keith and I drove over to Wadenhoe to The King's Head, a pub we've been trying to find for years! We used Gladys who took us straight there and I think that without her, we'd still be looking for it now!

It's a lovely little pub, right on the banks of the River Nene and had a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. I loved the smell - I'm sure there were Lilies somewhere as I could detect their gorgeous fragrance. We had a couple of drinks and very pleasant it was too! There weren't many people in the pub so it was very peaceful sitting at the bar. By 7pm it was time to head for home and prepare dinner for our hungry children!

No comments: