Saturday 27 September 2014

More taxi duties!

Today I have been mostly driving my daughter about and waiting for her!

She had an appointment to have her nails done this morning so rather than go anywhere else, I sat and waited for her while she had the false nails removed to reveal her natural nails underneath. It gave me an excuse to sit and read my Kindle for an hour which was nice!

After that she treated me to a coffee in Costa and then I dropped her off at Pizza Hut as she was meeting some friends from school. While she was having lunch I went to the gym and did a workout followed by a short swim. Just as I settled into my seat in the cafe for another read, she texted me to ask me to collect her!

We went off home to an empty house as Keith was out watching football. It's been a beautiful day today but rather than go and cut the lawn (which I should have done!) I prepared the veg for dinner and then sat and watched an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" which was very relaxing! Keith normally has the football on the TV so it's quite a novelty when he's out to watch something I want to watch for a change!

I did dinner tonight - a recipe for Balmoral chicken in preparation for my Scottish evening next month. I'd prepared the chicken first thing in the morning and just needed to cook it through and make a sauce to go with it. The chicken turned out to be very good (Sophie wouldn't touch any Haggis!) but my mushroom sauce was a bit thin so I definitely need to work on that!

No comments: