Friday 19 September 2014

All fixed up!

This evening I met my friends Lynda, Andrea and Fiona at the Brampton Halt pub. Keith very kindly drove me there and treated me to a glass of wine while I waited for the girls to arrive. It was packed full of people enjoying their Friday evening and I was delighted to see Key Lime Pie on the dessert menu!

Fiona and Andrea had arranged a cake for Lynda (we're still celebrating that special birthday!) and were glad they'd arrived before she did. As soon as they came into the pub, Keith left me and the three of us caught up with what we'd done since we'd seen each other last.

Lynda arrived last and we made our way to our table which was in a little niche, so nice and cosy. Before we'd even looked at the menu we sorted out our "Come Dine With Me" evenings which will take us up to Christmas. Andrea will go first with a Greek theme, followed by me with an evening in the Keys. Fiona will be hosting at the end of November with a theme she has yet to decide while Lynda will be welcoming us near Christmas. I'm looking forward to it! We also talked about a planned trip to London in October when we'll be having afternoon tea on the Thames! Very civilised!

We eventually looked at the menu and decided on a sharing platter to start, which consisted of olives, halloumi cheese, pate, breaded mushrooms and chorizo. For my main I chose a sirloin steak with chunky chips, mushrooms and onion rings. We drank two bottles of Rioja and at the end of the meal, the waitress produced Lynda's cake and we all sang Happy Birthday to her!

No comments: