Sunday 21 September 2014

A domestic day

We awoke to sunshine and blue skies this morning which was a relief after the unremitting grey of yesterday!

My plan was to make a cake for Keith today but before I started I changed all my bedding and cleaned the downstairs of the house. Now that Sophie is at home maybe she could be doing this in the week!

While Keith took our daughter to work, I started the cake and then discovered that I needed a metal sieve to sift the two flours together...we'd thrown ours out the other week! I called my Mum who said I could borrow hers, so I sped off to see her, taking a large slice of my Key Lime Pie with me.

By the time Keith returned his cake was in the oven and sending out delicious smells!

After an afternoon of pottering about and relaxing both Keith and I turned taxi-driver - him to go and get Sophie and me to pick up Mikey from Brixworth where he'd been spending time with his mates. It's so good to see him get out in the fresh air and when I picked him up he mentioned that there were various clubs he wanted to join, such as the local football team and a rugby club that meets in Northampton, which was great news.

While Keith cooked dinner I researched recipes on the internet for my Come Dine With Me evening...it gave me a great excuse to look at all things Florida!

No comments: