Sunday 14 September 2014

Changing times...

Today I awoke early and caught up with some of my recorded programmes, including Great British Bake Off...not a good thing to watch before breakfast as it made me extremely hungry!

While Keith went off for a walk, I gave the conservatory, both inside and outside, a good clean. I actually had to hoover the windowsills as they were covered in tiny little brown flakes of something that were everywhere. I hoovered them all up and then washed everything down and when I finished I was very pleased I'd done it, although they will all be back by the end of the week, I'm sure!

In the afternoon Mum, Sophie and I went off to Beckworth Emporium for a cup of tea and to have a mooch about. I wasn't really in the mood to buy plants but I chose a tray of black and orange pansies which will look good in the hanging basket at the front of the house. Beckworth are advertising for seasonal jobs at the moment and I'm trying to persuade Sophie to apply for a job, but she is strongly resisting... She has no idea what she wants to do and at the moment a lot of her friends are heading off to University. I understand it's a worrying time for her, with a lot of changes happening, but she needs to earn money, and if we do sell the business, then she won't be able to rely on working for us!


No comments: