Friday 12 September 2014

Quiet days...

Thursday and Friday have been busy days for me at work but as the weather has been fine and dry, we haven't been busy with customers at all. On Thursday evening, Keith and I sat in the conservatory and played a few games of cards, something we haven't done for a long while. I've noticed the evenings are certainly drawing in now and by 8pm it's dark. I hate having to put lamps on in the evening but there's not a lot I can do about it!

On Friday, Sophie came into work with us as I was hoping we would be busy enough to need her over lunchtime. However, we were still quiet so we went over to the bank and then popped down to the gym to try and sort out her membership as her monthly Direct Debit hadn't been taken out of my account. To add to the mystery, Virgin said that the money had been paid and everything was OK, so I have no idea where the money has gone! It certainly hasn't been debited from my account!

We really need to get back into our gym routine, but while the weather stays sunny and dry it makes more sense to go for an hour's walk over the fields, which we did after we got home from work. Walking up the steep hill certainly gets the blood going!

At 7pm I took Mikey to a party in Moulton and then we whiled away the evening by watching Desperate Housewives. We're up to Season Four now and both Sophie and I are finding it quite addictive!

No comments: