Saturday 26 April 2014

The dreaded decorating...

First thing this morning Keith and I took Sophie and her friend Danni to the station as my daughter will be in London this weekend. With her group of three friends, they're off to see McBusted at the O2 arena tonight, and they're staying at an apartment overlooking Canary Wharf.

Sophie was very excited (and a little nervous, I think!) about being at large in London with her friends. We dropped them off at the train station and then went to a nearby B&Q to buy some paint and a new loo seat for our en-suite bathroom. I chose Natural Hessian for the walls which I hope will go with everything else in there!

We went off home after B&Q, had a quick breakfast and then I started. Keith painted the ceiling and we managed to not get in each others way, quite difficult seeing as our en-suite is not that big! By the middle of the afternoon I'd finished the emulsion and I'd put a coat of gloss on the skirting boards. It was looking so much better and cleaner!

We had planned on walking to our local pub in the evening, but we were both a wee bit weary from our housework exertions so we poured ourselves a well-earned drink and relaxed before dinner!

No comments: