Thursday 17 April 2014

More celebrating

Sue came around for a drink this evening and we had a great chat as usual. Keith was back to not drinking, which was a good thing as Sophie was attending yet another 18th Birthday celebration and needed to be taken and picked up.

Sue and I got through a bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc (delicious with a very slight fizz on the tongue) and then I poured her a glass of the Long Horn Valley Chardonnay that had tasted so strange the evening before. Unfortunately she screwed her nose up at it so I gave her the remains of the Sauvignon Blanc that I'd rejected for tasting bitter, which she enjoyed. The Chardonnay was back to being fine, so I can only think it was the fluoride that made both wines taste so weird!

After Sue had rolled home (we both felt a bit tipsy) Keith and I had a slice of quiche and watched Endeavour until it was time to pick our daughter up from her party. She was very sober, which was a huge relief. I only wish I could say the same for her mum!

No comments: