Friday 11 April 2014

Even more frustration!

Today has been very trying. I asked Mum to do the tills and open up and by 9am I was on the phone to Sage trying to get the payroll sorted out. I waited half an hour and then spoke to a woman called Sarah who told me that even though I'd downloaded the new update, it hadn't installed properly, which was why I was having trouble submitting the info to our beloved Government.

I tried again and then received the ominous message that I hadn't got enough memory on my old computer... I really had no option then to try and get everything put on the new computer so I was on the phone to Sage again and this time waited almost an hour before realising that I was able to download the update myself and without any problems...

To cut an extremely long and frustrating story short, by the time I left work I'd done what I'd set out to do, but the new computer refuses to acknowledge my printer so I had to nick my Dad's wireless one. I also realised that I had no word processing package so I might have to fork out some money for that if I want to continue designing menus and vouchers for work as we currently use Microsoft Publisher.

Sophie and I dashed home, changed and then took the Mini back to Mum's before Keith gave us a lift to Audi to pick up my car. Even there, we had a wait as a load of people had all turned up to reclaim their cars, too! I have to say, though, that the service I received was great, the work was covered by the warranty and my A4 had been washed and cleaned inside so it looked beautiful.

Sophie and I went off to the gym and managed half an hour in the pool, a quick relaxing session in the spa and a shower before eventually going home. It had been a long day!

No comments: