Friday 18 April 2014

Fishy Friday...

It was lovely to wake up this morning (a little later than I wanted due to our post-midnight taxi trip!) and realise I had four days of holiday ahead of me! It was a beautiful day as well, which certainly was a bonus!

Keith had gone shopping but arrived home just as I was making myself a coffee. The morning was spent pottering around and I managed to mow the grass verge outside the house, but the soil was too dry to think about turning it over and weeding. I had a chat with Sue who was also out, but neither of us lingered as the wind was a bit chilly. Not really a day for sitting in the garden with a drink!

At 4pm we met Mum and Dad at one of the garden centres in town as they wanted Sophie to choose some new fish for their pond. We saw some beautiful Koi Carp and one of them actually swam over and let me stroke him! Sophie picked out three little Koi and then after saying goodbye to my parents we had a quick drink in the Costa Coffee there.

We'd decided to go for a swim at the gym so we headed off down the very busy dual carriageway to Virgin and spent a pleasant hour swimming and lolling about in the spa. I had a chat with Sarah in the changing rooms, both of us planning to have a fish and chip supper - well, it is Good Friday and you're not supposed to eat meat today!

I dropped Sophie off at home and called into the pub to have a quick drink with Keith before we headed over to Broughton to the fish and chip shop there. Our supper was delicious - I don't think you can beat good old fish and chips!

No comments: