Sunday 13 April 2014

Housework calls...

I forced myself to go back to sleep this morning after waking up at 5.45am! What is it at the moment about early mornings?

Keith went off for a walk while I cuddled up to Archie on the sofa with a cup of coffee. When he returned I stripped our bed and then we went off to get the newspaper and called in to see Mum for another coffee. She'd been to a 70th Birthday party the day before and was telling me what a good time they'd had. She'd hoped to see some old friends there, but although there was only family, they'd had a good time. It must be a year for landmark birthdays as my Mum will be 70 in November, the business will be celebrating 20 years in July, Sophie is 18 and a number of friends will also be reaching special birthdays!

When we got home it was time to take Sophie to work and after we'd dropped her off we popped to Homebase to get a new bath panel. Ours is disgusting, being all warped and horrible so I wanted Keith to fit a new white plastic one. Over the next couple of months, I'm determined to do some decorating as our house is looking a bit worse for wear!

I stupidly wore a pair of summer shoes to Homebase and they instantly gave me blisters on my heels so I had to hobble around the store in pain! It was too nice (sunny and warmish) to wear boots but I wish now I had! I wanted to look at paint choices but it was all I could do to make my way to the checkout and then back to the car. Driving home was very painful and I just wish I could have taken my shoes off!

I spent the next four hours doing housework and just as I finished Sophie called me to go and collect her from work. We'd been very quiet as the weather today has been gorgeous. Luckily she was in a better mood than yesterday so a Creamy Cooler was not necessary. Good job as I hadn't bothered to dress up to collect her so I resembled a bag lady!


No comments: