Wednesday 23 April 2014

Easter over...

Tuesday saw the last day of the school holidays arrive and the weather turned horrible and cloudy. As usual, we had no staff expected in, except Sophie, so it was all hands on deck and we were busier than I thought we would be. We managed to get away from work at a reasonable time, though, as I did have visions of us staying until the bitter end!

On Wednesday it was back to school for the children and a return of the dreaded school run. I certainly haven't missed that over the last two weeks! Work returned to being very quiet so I was able to get on with lots of jobs. Keith and I went to Homebase and I picked out some paint testers for our bathroom. Needless to say the store was a lot quieter than Saturday morning!

Keith treated me to a Subway lunch and that place was busy! In the afternoon I picked Sophie up from school early and we went into town to try and get the zip on her bag repaired. It's been ages since we shopped in Northampton town centre and it was very sad looking with quite a few shops closed and up for let. I try and avoid shopping in town, preferring instead to go to Milton Keynes or Market Harborough and I was a bit dismayed to see so many shops empty.

We tried two places to get the bag repaired but neither shop was able to help us, although one leather outlet quoted us £40, which was way more than the bag was worth!

We drove home and I sat in the conservatory and read while Sophie ploughed through an essay she had to write for her mock Business exam. She admitted that she'd been given the work to do before the holidays and it had to be in tomorrow! I said she was silly to not tackle it earlier, especially as she is addicted to The Office (US one) on Netflix!

Keith came in and we sat and played cards and provided a calming influence on our daughter as she scribbled away. By the time dinner was ready she'd written her essay and taken some photographs of us for more exam work. It's amazing what you can do when the pressure's on!

No comments: