Monday 21 April 2014

Gone shopping!

So, the last day of my four day break has arrived and the long weekend has flown by. I didn't get all the things done that I wanted to, but there's always the next Bank Holiday weekend in only two weeks time!

Sophie, Mum and I went off to Milton Keynes today as my daughter had things to take back to River Island and H&M and she also wanted to try and get one of her bags repaired where the zip had broken. There's a place that can do alterations and repairs near to the multi-storey car park, but amazingly they were closed, which scuppered our plans!

We had lunch in Caffe Italia first and then did everything that Sophie wanted to do. The shopping centre was very busy - I can't imagine it yesterday when everything was closed. I went into Boots to take advantage of their No7 foundation matching service and had a nice chat with the sales assistant who said that she'd relished the previous day off work, and that she was expecting the store to open on Christmas Day in the future. I was amazed by what she said and couldn't imagine them making people work on such a special day.

We returned home at 3pm and I was amazed to see that the outside temperature was registering about 25c on the top level of the car park. It was a hazy, stormy kind of sky but very warm. I wish we'd planned on going somewhere now, but I'm sure the forecast was for rain today!

In the evening Keith said he fancied a beer at the pub so I drove him there, which was a surprise. He's been so vehemently against drinking lately that I just expected him to carry on with the lime and soda at the pub!

No comments: